Engage with your local community, businesses and other organisations
For many Transition Initiatives and REconomy Groups organising an event is one of the first key activities to engage with your local community, businesses and other organisations. Coming together at a local or regional event can give the space and time to work together to decide how you want your local economy to be shaped and what you might do.
Running an event
Would you like to run a regional event to support your work and the work of enterprises, groups and networks in your region? Our Event Toolkit gives you advice on everything from who to invite to how to shape the event – download a copy from the resources page.
Upcoming events in 2017
REconomy LIFT (Local Innovation For Transitioners) – London & South East
Transforming local economies from the roots up
Saturday 25 February 13.30 -18.00
Venue: The Cinema Museum, 2 Dugard Way, SE11 4TH London
Keynote speaker: Andrew Simms (New Weather Institute, new economincs foundation).
This REconomy Event is designed by and for Transitioners whether you are new to REconomy or have established REconomy projects in your Transition Town. Hear from current REconomy projects by Transition Towns in London and the South East covering food enterprises, community energy and loads more, find REconomy buddies for future conversations through structured networking and develop your REconomy skills in skills surgeries. This event is run in partnership with Transition Hub – London & South East
What is the potential of Urban Agriculture in making Sheffield a Sustainable Food City?
Wednesday 1st March | 6pm – 9pm
Venue: Regather Works, 57-59 Club Garden Road, Sheffield, S11 8BU
What is the potential of urban agriculture in making Sheffield a sustainable food city? An evening of short presentations and open conversation featuring Leon Ballin (Sustainable Food Cities), Doina Petrescu (School of Architecture, University of Sheffield) and Gareth Roberts (Regather). A great opporunity to learn about urban agriculture, explore innovative case studies from the UK and Europe, and share in creating an exciting vision of resilient systems for urban food production across Sheffield and the emerging City Region.
Doing It Ourselves: Forum for a New Local Economy – Devon
Saturday, 4 March 2017, 09:45 – 16:00
Venue: South West Energy Centre, Paignton
Join us and other changemakers from Brixham, Paignton, Torquay and across Devon to connect, get inspired, learn something new, and start new collaborative relationships. This is the 3rd Devon Convergence event.
More details and tickets on Eventbrite.
Events & awareness-raising
- Events that stimulate local entrepreneur interest e.g. Transition Town Totnes Local Entrepreneur Forum
- Events that invite local stakeholder level interest e.g. Transition Glastonbury Stakeholder Event
- Events aimed at raising awareness in a local council e.g. Sustaining Dunbar
- See listing of all REconomy related events here
- Plugging the Leaks workshop approach – simple application at Transition Town Brixton event and full NEF toolkit. Also see nef’s Re-imagine your High Street resources
- Jamaica Plain New Economy Transition (USA) – State of our Neighbourhood Forum annual event bringing together residents, council, businesses to discussed shared issues and opportunities
- Crystal Palace Transition’s Local and Fair Guide – a sustainable shopping and eating directory
- Transition Dorking Golden Ticket Day – innovative way to support local businesses and raising awareness
- Totally Locally – ‘more than a shop local campaign’ with free campaign guides and resources being used by some Transition groups
- Transition New Forest Food Challenge – events and challenge to support the local food economy